In compliance with Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act KCMC follows a code for the protection, collection, use or disclosure of personal information in the course commercial activity. Provisions of this code are included below. The primary purpose of this code is to give individuals control over how personal information is handled in the private sector. KCMC recognizes responsibility for the protection of personal information and the fair handling of it at all times, throughout the organization and in dealings with third parties. Care in collecting, using and disclosing personal information is essential to continued consumer confidence and good will.
Section One: Accountability
- KCMC pledges to remain in compliance with all statutes of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- Individual(s) have been appointed to be responsible for our organization's compliance.
- KCMC pledges to protect all personal information held by our organization or transferred to a third party for processing.
- KCMC has developed and implemented personal information protection policies and practices.
Section Two: Identifying Purposes
- KCMC may collect contact information including first name, last name, physical and email address of our clients and their patients.
- The above information is collected to assist us in providing Internet Marketing services in the course of regular business activities.
- KCMC collects all personal information with consent.
- Collection of this information may be in person, via telephone, web site or fax.
- All personal information collected shall be used for Internet Marketing purposes on behalf of KCMC's Clients alone.
- All personal information shall be kept on KCMC's private servers.
- All Personal information shall be secured by a physical firewall as well as the latest available anti spy ware software.
- All personal information collected by KCMC will be accessible only to KCMC.
- All personal information collected by KCMC on behalf of KCMC's Clients is the sole property of the client.
- All personal information collected by KCMC on behalf of KCMC's Clients may not be shared with third parties for marketing purposes under any circumstances.
- All personal information collected shall be disposed of upon request or as reasons for possession cease to exist.
Section Three: Consent
- KCMC shall obtain consent before or at the time of collection, as well as when a new use is identified.
Section Four: Limiting Collection
- KCMC limits the amount and type of the information gathered to what is necessary for the purposes of providing Internet Marketing services.
Section Five: Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
- KCMC shall use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which it was collected.
- KCMC shall keep personal information only as long as necessary to satisfy stated purposes.
- KCMC has developed guidelines and procedures for retaining and destroying personal information.
- KCMC shall destroy, erase or render anonymous information that is no longer required for an identified purpose or a legal requirement.
Section Six: Accuracy
- All personal information shall be kept as accurate, complete and up to date as necessary, taking into account its use and the interests of the individual.
- KCMC shall update personal information only when necessary to fulfill stated purposes.
Section Seven: Safeguards
- KCMC shall protect personal information against loss or theft.
- KCMC has placed safeguards in order to protect the information from unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- KCMC pledges to protect personal information regardless of the format in which it is held.
Section Eight: Individual Access
- KCMC shall inform individuals if we possess any personal information about them upon request.
- KCMC shall explain how personal information is or has been used and shall provide a list of any organizations to which it has been disclosed.
- KCMC shall give individuals access to their information.
- KCMC shall correct or amend any personal information if its accuracy and completeness is challenged and found to be deficient.
- KCMC shall provide a copy of the information requested, or reasons for not providing access, subject to exceptions set out in Section 9 of the Act.
Section Nine: Challenging Compliance
Contact us by email in case of complaints regarding use or possession of your personal information. KCMC shall investigate all complaints received and take appropriate measures to correct information handling practices and policies.